Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Menu Plan Monday (on Tuesday)



Well, I'm a wee bit tardy on the Menu Planning this week, but the goal is to have it done each weekend. I do the grocery shopping for the week on Tuesday, so our menu is off just a bit. I was going to include Monday for this week, only The Man decided to treat all the boys to a night out while I finished up my lessons. He's good that way.

Tuesday - Lasagna, spinach salad, garlic bread

Wednesday - Roast chicken, Maple Glazed Parsnips & Sweet Potatoes, Risotto, Rolls, Apple Cake

Thursday - Creamed Chicken (using leftovers) over confetti rice squares - any other leftovers

Friday - The boys take turns planning and cooking. This week is Fearless Flyer's turn which usually means Breakfast for Dinner or something else equally appealing to a 5 year old.

Saturday - Potato and Corn Soup, Bread of some sort

Sunday - Lunch - Tenderloin steaks w/ Gorgonzola, Roast Potatoes w/ Rosemary, Green beans and Portabello Saute, Lemon Pound Cake

Dinner - Black Bean and Corn Stew, Cornbread


*I also like to try and make some things to have on hand in the freezer. This week, I'll be adding some Bean Burritos.

2 comments:

n*stitches said...

Looks wonderful! Welcome to Menu planning monday!

jozi said...

I am so inadequate. But I loved my box of mac n cheese last night.