Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Homeschool Agenda

This week's assignment is to share our agenda (plans) for the 2008-2009 homeschool "year." One of the Scriptures that has helped guide me in the process of planning is Hebrews 12:2:

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Perfecter of our faith.


Often, I start to fix my eyes on the "in" curriculum or the newest and "best" method. This year, though, I first focused my planning on what God would have us teach our children. I still did major amounts of research. I still bugged The Man constantly with constant talk of various curriculum. I still read Homeschool Reviews and The Well Trained Mind boards for ideas. The final result was that I feel such peace in our curriculum choices and plans for the year.


This is what the year is looking like for us. We are currently in our 4th week and it's going great. Busy, but great. The Computer would be 3rd grade this year, The Librarian would be 1st and Fearless Flyer would be preschool still. (which we find difficult to remember at times since he is a big guy.)


The Computer: Horizons Math 4, Writing Tales 1, Growing with Grammar 3, Lively Latin, piano, guitar

The Librarian: Horizons Math 1, Rod & Staff Reading 1 (almost done), Growing with Grammar 1, piano

Fearless Flyer: Rod and Staff Preschool Workbooks,learning his letters Singapore Earlybird Math, learning his letters, a little bit of Little Hands to Heaven, oh yeah, did I mention working on learning the letters?

Any and all of them: My Father's World Exploring Countries and Cultures, Music unit studies that I've designed, Art studies

We don't have a strict daily schedule that we follow, but we do have a sort of routine. Most days we get most things done, but then the sun shines and the birds sing and we decide that we'd much rather be outside. Learning through playing is sometimes fun, right?

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I hope you have a great year! :)

Lynn
www.homeschoolblogger.com/eclecticeducation

April B. said...

That plan sounds wonderful! I pray you have a blessed year!