Saturday, August 30, 2008

Week in Review

Yee-haw! We had a great time finishing up our geography unit on the U.S.A. The boys learned all the state names and locations and a few landmarks: Rocky Mountains, Mississippi River, Gulf of Mexico, Great Lakes (and a few others I can't remember, but they can. Oh, to be young again.)


Fearless Flyer worked on F and G this week. He got F pretty quickly, but G seems to have the poor little guy stumped a bit. He regularly asked to work on his math though. His ones are looking great. Twos and threes aren't too far behind. He's a master at fours, but oh boy, those fives. Who knew a line down, a cave and table up top could be so difficult to draw.

He likes the paint, can you tell?


One of the favorite parts of the day for everyone, including me, is book basket time.

The Computer concentrating on his book.

Notice the scrape from his scooter earlier in the day.


The Librarian likes to read to his dog. Not sure Sinatra is too interested in the book though.

And Fearless Flyer...well, he seems to have crashed that day.


As for me, well, I'd love to crash with the Flyer, but too much stuff on the list. There's always tomorrow right. Maybe I'll crash for just a moment.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I love your son reading to his dog. My kids used to read to our pets, too, so that photo brings back sweet memories.

Cellista said...

We love to read here too. You're right, we do have a lot in common. :)

I hope you get to crash occasionally. It's hard with 3 boys running around with boundless energy.

And 5s are just tricky, aren't they!

Kristiana
http://cellista.wordpress.com

Erin said...

What great pictures! They really show a glimpse into the joy of homeschooling. Thanks for sharing!!