Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #15 A Thankful Heart



THEME
This week, you guessed it, is going to be about having a thankful heart! Yes, of course, we should always be thankful for everything we’re blessed with, but it’s not too often we actually sit and ponder what. This week please join me in writing 27 things you’re thankful (There’s got to be at least 27things!). I picked 27 because this year Thanksgiving is on the 27th of November.


Only 27 things to be thankful for? I think my list could just go on and on because I feel truly blessed right now. Ok, ok, I'll narrow it down, but only because HM says I've got to. :)


1. For my always faithful God
2. For my dear husband who puts up with so much and still loves me so much.
3. For The Computer who has such a goofy grin...it always brings a smile to my face.
4. For The Librarian who has an amazing sense of humor.
5. For Fearless Flyer who loves with such intensity.
6. For Music - I'm so thankful to have been created with music being a part of who I am.
7. For My music students who challenge and delight me.
8. For the house we are in that is just perfect for us.
9. For the opportunity to part of a church plant.
10. For the freedoms we have
11. For my friendships that have developed over this past year.
12. For my grandpa going Home this year...even though I'll miss him, he was ready to go and be with Jesus.
13. For my family that loves me through everything.
14. For homeschooling - all the challenges and new experiences it brings.
15. For schedules that work
16. For homemade bread and it's wonderful smell
17. For being nudged into living a healthier life because of health issues
18. For a tuned piano
19. For my comfy couch, a good book and a bit of tea
20. For my Winterberry Christmas dishes
21. For jammies, fresh out of the dryer
22. For having 2 ovens which makes serving large dinners much easier!
23. For pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
24. For getting to reconnect with some high school friends
25. For getting to stay home and be with the boys so much.
26. For homemade jams, canned peaches and canned spaghetti sauce.
27. The Man (ok, I know I've already said him, but really and truly, I'm so thankful that I'm married to him. He loves me so much and there are days I know I just don't deserve that.)

3 comments:

KarenW said...

Two ovens! How fun! I enjoyed reading your list. I hope you've had a happy and blessed Thanksgiving day.

Dacia's School said...

AWWWW how sweet!!! That was a verythoughtful list I did mine at like 1 am. LOL

Audrey said...

So many things to be thankful for!! :)