Monday, December 01, 2008

Dreams of Turkeys

We were able to host Thanksgiving at our place again this year so I got the chance to bake some turkeys. Yes, you heard that correctly...turkeys. I just couldn't make a decision which way to go with the turkey and I have 2 ovens so it seemed the right thing to do. We brined one and the other had an apple cranberry glaze on it. And the taste test results? Well, the brined turkey was definitely more tender, but the glazed turkey had an excellent flavor to it. We called it a tie. By the way, does anyone else find it slightly interesting that the only vegetarian in the bunch was the one who cooked the turkeys? The things I do for the carnivores in our family.

Grandma T getting ready to make the gravy. I haven't perfected that yet.

Grandpa T carving the turkey. The Man has decided that he doesn't need that job, yet.

Fearless Flyer after we showed him how much food he had to eat.

By the end of the day, we rounded up 5 more people to join us which brought the grand total for the day up to 25...chaos reigned, but a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

gina said...

We did two turkeys last year- one traditionally seasoned one, and one citrus and sage one.