Because I only make one pot of tea, the boys take turns getting to choose which kind it will be for the day. Today it was The Librarian's turn. He spent all of about 2 seconds deciding on White Christmas from the Stash Tea Company. If you like peppermint, you'll love this tea. It's described as a blend of white tea, cool peppermint and a hint of ginger. You'll notice that Stash tea is a regular in our household since we are rather close to their store. It's a good place to be if you have tea lovers in your family. Mmm...all this talk of tea makes me want to go make up a cup right now to warm up on this cool foggy morning. Back to the coffee though.
It was a toss up on the treat for today. I had a nice jam cake planned, but now that the tea has been picked and we've got some Girl Scout Thin Mint cookies hanging out in the freezer, I think we'll go that route instead. I don't think peppermint tea with mint cookies will be overkill do you? Although we'll be eating the cookies straight out of the box from the freezer, I did find a clone recipe here. Maybe on the Girl Scout Cookie Off Season, I'll give it a try.
I know you've all been wondering what poetry we might possibly be diving into for today. Something so deep, so philosophical, something so challenging that we will come away from our time mentally exhausted. For this week, we have chosen...(drum roll please):
All right, so all that buildup and we're just going to have a grand ole time. Filled with giggles and chuckles. This used to be regular bedtime reading, but now that the boys have graduated to chapter books, we rarely open our beloved Silverstein. After the more challenging poetry of last week, they asked if we could alternate weeks between serious poetry and humorous. We'll go with it. We'll take turns reading the poetry today also to add a little more variety into it.
I've got some wonderful resources for the more serious poetry. Any ideas on other places to look for some humorous poems?
No comments:
Post a Comment