Friday, September 05, 2008

Week In Review - Projects



Nothing super exciting on the homefront this week for homeschooling. We took Monday off to enjoy Labor Day and to take care of a few projects. Tuesday the boys had a dentist appointment. No cavities...yay! Afterwards, we went to a really neat park and out for lunch. Wednesday was guitar lessons and some errands. Thursday was lunch and "hiking" at a State Park near us and today, well, The Man is home so hoping to get some serious play time with Dad in today.


In between all that stuff, the boys did math, grammar and a bit of writing. We'll be starting back up with our full schedule again next week.


We did get a few projects done though. The Computer was very excited about getting his room done finally. He's known what he wanted for over a year now. It deserves a post all it's own so I'll get that up tomorrow maybe. He's a huge Chicago Bears fan so you know it's a rather loud room.



Our other big project was to can the box of peaches sitting on the counter. It's so comforting to see those jars of peaches all sealed up and ready to take out during the winter. We weren't so sure we would get many peaches this year as it hasn't been a very good season for them. Right now, we've got 15 jars. I'd like a few more, but not sure that we'll happen.


Now to tackle the box of tomatoes sitting on the counter. This year, we had to buy all the produce, but next year we have great plans for a large garden in the backyard.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Those peaches look wonderful! ANd you did schoolwork, too. I'm very impressed.

Anonymous said...

I love canning! I canned dill pickle spears yesterday and zucchini relish today. Some time this week I'll do dill summer squash chips. it does feel so good to sit back and know that you have had a real hand and providing for your family for the winter months.
Oh, and yes, the weather is wonderful! It was a great week last week and I'm thrilled with the week coming up. By the following week I am hoping for more fall like weather though.

Dangie said...

Wow! You want to can for me too? Last week dd and I canned salsa! I wish I had a batch of peaches too! Great job! (wtm, runningirl71)