
THEME:
This week I’d like to invite you to share what YOUR “Mom” help is. Some drink coffee, soda, or chia-tea. Others check email or read their favourite blogs. Some talk a walk…. what do you do when you need to clear your head and take a breather?
Music...it just seems to be a part of who I am. When I'm feeling overwhelmed with life and just need some down time, I turn to music. Sometimes, it's just sitting down at the piano and pulling out the music that's closest to me and playing. Sometimes, it's getting the flute, feeling the smooth metal under my fingers and knowing I can play anything. Flying through the runs in Griffes Poem, playing the lyrical Syrinx, feeling the predicatbility of a Bach Sonata. And sometimes, it's putting in a cd of my favoriate composers and conducting as if I was standing on the podium with each instrument just at my fingertips. I feel like I'm flying on the music then.
We were also asked to share a Scripture that is uplifting in times of need. One that I love is Psalm 121:
I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.

6 comments:
Love that Psalm. My oldest two memorized that a couple of years ago, and it was so lovely!
Oh it does aggravate me to play with the blog cause I see all this cool stuff that I don't know how to do!!!! Thanks for looking
mine is getting online and music.
and a dove promise on really bad days LOL
I absolutely need a Coke every morning...and I don't think I could get by without blog-hopping at least once a day.
Loved the Psalm, too.
And, thanks for stopping by my blog and even taking the time to leave a comment!
Ooo, I love this scripture choice! And your blog is nice, too.
tag, ur it!
Post a Comment